Research & development
We take pride in our technology leadership in induction bending. For us, it is a source of motivation in our own research and development efforts undertaken together with Salzgitter Mannesmann Forschung GmbH, the Salzgitter Group's research institute whose scientists focus on steel as a material, covering all related aspects and applications.
Our flexibility in adapting our development work to the customers' needs and wishes allows us to find the best-suited solution for a given requirement profile quickly and reliably.
Our research and development activities focus on:
- high-strength line pipe materials up to Grade X100
- bends for low-temperature service down to -50 °C
- manufacture of pipe bends with extreme dimensions (e.g. wall thicknesses >100 mm; radii >10,000 mm)
- line pipe bends for sour service
- internally clad pipe bends
- pipe bends for high-temperature applications in power plants